How to Order
Send me one or, even better, several images of your pet via email. Ideally at least one of the images
should be one that you really like and that show all important features that are
unique to your pet. Best suited for reference images are pictures in high resolution
that clearly show important details like eye color, nose/ mouth/ ears and coat colors
(for more detailed tips for great reference images you can head over to the 'photo
refernce tip' section).
If the photographs were not taken
by yourself make sure you ask the photographer's permission to use it for a
commissioned painting BEFORE ordering (copyright)!
Please specify the following things in your mail:
- the name of your pet
- the breed
- which type of artwork you're interested in (bust, fullbody, ...)
- which medium you'd like the portrait to be done in
- the size of the (unframed) portrait
- if you'd like a detailed background and what the background should be
- what is/ was your pet like? What would you like the portrait to express about your pet or to feel
I'll get back to you with a confirmation and a quote. If you accept the quote I'll
do one or several concepts and send them to you. After you've accepted one of them
I'll ask for the partial payment (if appl.) and start your portrait. Once it's finished
I'll send you a low resolution scan and once you've approved of it, I'll ask for
the remaining payment. Once I've received it I'll ship your portrait or, in case of digital work, send you a link to the full resolution image. All original
paintings are shipped with a tracking number by default.
Please note: Ordering a portrait does not include any commercial rights to the portrait.
These have to be arranged separately.
Terms of Service
The following terms may be updated, extended or changed by the artist without notice.
They apply to noncommercial works only. Commercial rights and commissions must be arranged separately.
Prices and Payment
(1) Displayed prices apply to a single bust portrait with either a simple colored or
a white background. Full body portraits, additional animals and complex backgrounds each raise the price.
(2) The total consists of the price of the unframed portrait and costs for packaging and shipping.
(3) Portraits up to 100€ must be paid in full after the client accepted the layout
sketch and before the artist begins working on the painting. For portraits from 101€
upwards at least 50% of the total must be paid after accepting the layout sketch. The
remaining amount must be paid after the work is finished and before it is shipped.
(4) Payment plans can be arranged from 200€ upwards.
(5) The client will receive their painting only after the total is paid.
Revisions and Canceling
(6) The client may ask for up to two alterations during and after the painting stage,
as long as the used media allow for it and it does not reduce the artistic quality of the painting.
(7) The client may cancel the commission at any time. All rights of the portrait remain
with the artist. The started portrait may be finished and sold by the artist.
(7a) If the client cancels the commission before work on the actual painting has begun
they will be refunded their advance payment in full.
(7b) If the client cancels the commission before detailed work on the painting has begun
they will be refunded half of what they paid.
(7c) If the client cancels the commission after detailed work on the painting has begun
they will not be refunded their payment.
Rights to the artwork and its preliminary work
(8) The artist reserves the right to display the portrait on her website, online
galleries or other online platforms. If the portrait is a time-sensitive gift this display can be timed accordingly
at the request of the client.
(9) The artist retains all rights to the paintings, including the rights to make and
sell prints and merchandise.
(10) Layouts and sketches that were rejected by the client or from cancelled commissions
may be re-used by the artist for other commissions or personal work.
(11) The client has the right to resell the physical portrait. Beyond that they may not
profit from the artwork in any form.
(12) The client has the right to scale down or crop the scan of the painting for use as
icons, wallpapers and the like. The artwork itself may not be altered while doing so.
(13) The client may display the watermarked scan of the painting on their personal
website or gallery, as long as the name of the artist and a link to one of her websites
https://elektroyu.deviantart.com) are mentioned.
(14) The artist reserves the right to reject a commission for any reason.
(15) The artist enables the client to be informed frequently about the status of the
commission. This may happen publicly via Facebook and Tumblr or, at request of the client, privately
(16) The artist is not responsible for inaccurate information regarding the copyrights
of the photos provided by the client. The client either has all rights on the photos themselves or they must,
if necessary in written form, ensure that the owner of the rights has agreed to use the photos as reference for a commissioned painting.
(17) The client must have read, understood and agreed to the terms stated above before
commissioning the artist. By sending full or partial payment to the artist the client agrees to the above terms.